Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So Thankful...

I just got home from a wonderful girls weekend away...and it made me realize how very thankful I am.

I am thankful for the blessing of friendship. Last year at this time, I was out of town for a girls weekend with my closest friends from Phoenix and I wondered if I'd ever make close girlfriends here. God has definitely answered that prayer. Not only did I get to spend last weekend in New Hampshire with my friends from here in Indiana, I will also get to spend time in January with my dear friends in Arizona.

I am thankful for my husband. He was totally willing to take care of our girls while I was gone. And he didn't complain...even when he got the phone call on Friday that our youngest was sick with a fever and he needed to pick her up from school. He did a great job taking care of the girls!

I am thankful for my mom. She and I went up earlier than the other girls and stayed an extra day. Our first day in New Hampshire started with us sitting at the ocean laughing so hard that we cried and it ended the same way. I am so blessed to have a mom that is also my friend!

I am thankful for our kids. Although they were slightly jealous that I got a weekend away in New Hampshire, they were truly happy for me and they were well-behaved for my hubby...for the most part! :-)

As Thanksgiving approaches, I encourage you to think about what you're thankful for...not just on Thanksgiving, but every day!

I am linking this post to Just For the Joy of It over at Good, True, and Beautiful!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Praise God -- isn't it wonderful to take a moment and realize how much work He is doing? And what a treat to have time in New Hampshire... I went to college there and it's one of my favorite places! A little bit of heaven!

So glad you linked up! You have a wonderful blog here!

November 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how a little thankfulness will brighten up your day? :)

November 12, 2009 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

=) Thanks for sharing your joy. Boy, I could really use a girl's weekend!

November 12, 2009 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Beth P. said...

I live in NH and must say that you picked a great time of year to visit! What else did you do besides visit the beach?! What a great JOYFUL experience to share!

November 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home