Thursday, October 29, 2009

Is there a quote that applies?

This morning was one of THOSE mornings. I wanted to say something like "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." or "A penny saved is a penny earned." but neither of them quite applied, so I was stuck with "This morning was one of THOSE mornings." Not nearly as clever, but I digress...

I have a routine for school mornings. I'm pretty good about following it daily. The first thing I do every morning when I wake up is check for school days. I have the page bookmarked on my iPhone and when my alarm goes off (which is also on my iPhone), I check for school delays. Since it's still fall and we rarely have delays, I wake up the kids and we all get ready.

When I woke up this morning, I had that "Uh-oh" feeling you get when you oversleep. I glanced over at the clock to see that it was 7:45...which is 20 minutes after the time we LEAVE for school. I jumped out of bed, yelled up to the kids that it was 7:45 and began the morning craziness. Since I'm still on pain meds for my never ending dental problems, my hubby took the kids to school. I was extremely impressed at how quickly everyone made it out the door and to the school.

And then I got the phone call...you know the one. "There's no one in the parking lot. Is there a delay today?" So I checked my phone and sure enough...2 hour delay. Some schools in the area were even canceled. Apparently there was quite a bit of fog this morning. So, my sweet hubby brought the girls back home. I made eggs for everyone, spent some time hanging out with my kiddoes, and then they all headed back to school! What a morning.

If you have one of those clever quotes that would apply, please send it my way. Maybe your clever quote will what I need to remind me to take a few extra seconds to save lots of extra minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home