Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Curse of the Spider King {A Review}

Photobucket

When I first looked at The Curse of the Spider King: Book 1 in the Berinfell Prophecies, I'll be honest with you, I wasn't too jazzed. The cover of this books has lots of gross looking spiders with knights riding on them. I hate spiders and I'm not a big fan of the fantasy genre either. This book by Wayne Thomas Batson and Christopher Hopper was written for ages 12-17. When I offered it to my kids to read, my 14 year old grudgingly offered to read it. I was pleasantly surprised when an hour later she came out of her room and told me "This book is amazing!" And from the time she finished the book, she has asked time and time again "Do you know when the second book is coming out?"

I'll let her tell you in her own words what she thought.

When I first saw the book Curse of the Spider King, I thought it was the lamest book ever, but I was just judging by its cover. As I started reading it, I couldn't pit it down. Curse of the Spider King was amazing. I just wanted to keep reading and never put down this mysterious book.

The book is about seven 13 year olds who live in our world, not realizing that someday they are going to save a world beyond their own. I love the characters Batson and Hopper created. The seven teens are my age and it sort of gives me something to think about...What would I have done if it was me?

The end of the book had a one chapter sneak preview of the second book. I'm so glad there is a second book!!! I can't wait to read it. And this time, I won't judge a book by its cover.

As a mom, it's comforting to know that books put out by Thomas Nelson won't be full of bad language and questionable morals. I can allow my teens to read them without having to read them first!

If you have a teen, this book would be a great Christmas gift! You'll definitely want to check it out.

The Curse of the Spider King: Book 1 in the Berinfell Prophecies
By: Wayne Thomas Batson and Christopher Hopper
Ages: 12 - 17
Put out by: Thomas Nelson
Price: $14.99 (You can purchase this book from Amazon by clicking here or clicking on the image of the book in the left sidebar.)

Disclosure: This book was provided to me free of charge by Thomas Nelson in conjunction with Mama Buzz. All opinions expressed here were my own or those of my sweet daughter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home