Sunday, May 10, 2009

Saving Money with Menu Planning


It's Mother's Day and I feel like I accomplished something huge today. I planned out dinner for the next month! We are leaving for the summer in 36 days and I didn't want to have tons of food sitting around this summer, so I inventoried my fridge, freezer, and pantry today and came up with a list of dinners that could be made using those ingredients and made a grocery list for the few other items I'll need. (Wow...that was quite a run-on sentence!) I'm guessing I should be able to buy the remaining dinner ingredients for under $40. Although the menu isn't extremely exciting, I think I did pretty well working with what we have. Stay tuned...I'll be posting each week's menu on Menu Planning Monday.

Happy Mother's Day to all my Mommy Friends! Hope your day was very special!


Search & Win

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home