Saturday, January 31, 2009

Great deals at Walgreens




I purchased St. Ives Mineral Therapy Body wash, St. Ives smoothing body scrub, 3 bottles Dove Advanced conditioner for color treated hair, Sunsilk shampoo (with bonus mousse) and Sunsilk gel, 2 tubes of Colgate Maxfresh toothpaste, and 3 Cover Girl lipsticks (which are not in the picture because my daughters had already tried them on by the time I got around to taking this picture!)

Yesterday, the cashier at Walgreens dubbed me the "Bargain Champion of the Day". I was quite proud of myself. I went in to pick up some Colgate Toothpaste. It was on sale for $2.99 and I had a few $1.50/1 coupons. They were also offering a $2 RR on the toothpaste which means I actually make money! As I was walking through the aisles, I noticed they had tons of stuff marked way down. They had Cover Girl lipsticks for $1.50 each. They also had a promotion on St. Ives. As I was getting ready to check out, one of the other customers mentioned some other clearance stuff in the back of the store. When I headed back there, they had Dove conditioner for $1 a bottle. They also had some Sunsilk products on clearance. I had $2.50/2 and $1/1 Cover Girl coupons, as well as 3 $1.50/1 Dove hair product coupons, and a $2/2 Sunsilk products coupon in addition to my Colgate coupon. When all is said and done I paid $3.35 OOP (out of pocket) and got a $2 RR. There are tons of great items on clearance right now at Walgreens. Take your coupons with you when you go. You never know when you're going to get a smoking deal!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

Wow!!! I hear people talking about all the savings they get at Walgreens but I haven't tried it yet. Do you just use regular coupons or are there in-store coupons or a store card that you use? I would love to take advantage of these great deals once I learn what I am doing!!

February 2, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home