Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About How We Celebrate Christmas

With as busy as the Christmas season is and with my husband out of town this week, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. I thought I'd do something a little different today that didn't require as much effort as my normal blogging. I was inspired by Jo-Lynne over at Musings of A Housewife.


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely hot chocolate...with lots and lots of whip cream (or marshmallows!)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It really depends. Santa tries to get lots of presents wrapped and under the tree early, but there is inevitably a few gifts that are carted in by Santa in an oversized shopping bag while we're opening gifts. It's a family tradition and I kind of like it like that!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White...and only white. One of these days I'm going to get some lights up on the outside of my house to, but for now, the lights are limited to my cute little tree inside the house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope, but I really like mistletoe...A LOT!

5. When do you put your decorations up? This year, I put the tree up on November 1st. I didn't add decorations to it for a few weeks since life got a little crazy.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Grandma's jello salad...it is sooo yummy!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? It's so hard to narrow it down to one. My family always made holidays special!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What do you mean? I still believe in Santa.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Usually it's more than a gift. We open all of our gifts on Christmas Eve and I love it that way! The only thing we open on Christmas morning is our stockings. Plus, we all get to sleep in. If that isn't a great gift, I don't know what is!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, very fun and funky red and lime green ornaments, and some red and green pompom garland.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? If it's going to be freezing, there might as well be snow. Plus, snow makes Christmas feel more magical.

12. Can you ice skate? Yep...and I think I'm pretty darn good!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I got a really cool leather jacket in seventh grade. It looked awesome with my big bangs.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Remembering God's awesome gift and spending time with my family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I like Christmas cookies and anything chocolate and peanut butter...or to be really honest, anything chocolate that I don't have to make!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating Christmas cookies as a family and playing games on Christmas eve.

17. What tops your tree? Nada...I haven't figured out what would look great on the top.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? It is more blessed to give than receive...so with that being said, I'd rather you be blessed.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yuck, unless they are the fruit flavored ones.

20 Favorite Christmas Show? Muppet's Christmas Carol is quite possibly the best movie ever. I also like Jingle All The Way.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? All I Really Want by Steven Curtis Chapman (I dedicated a whole post to it here)

22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Picking a favorite Christmas song is like picking a favorite child...it's impossible. Here are a few that I love.
Hallelujah (Light Has Come) by Barlow Girl, You Gotta Get Up by Rich Mullins, Little Town by Amy Grant (or actually any Christmas song by Amy Grant), Sending You A Little Christmas by Jim Brickman


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home