Thursday, October 22, 2009

We Are THAT Family too!

Kristen over at We Are THAT Family is celebrating her 2 year blogoversary with a carnival and to help her celebrate, she's asked us all to share our "THAT family" moment. She's even offered prizes. Since I have plenty of "THAT family" moments, I thought I'd share a few with you.

For starters, there was my first day of being a mom in the United States. I'd just my 2 daughters home from Ukraine and we had to spend the night in New York City before flying to Indiana. As we ate at the very nice, upscale breakfast buffet at our hotel, my daughter was sampling various foods with the serving spoons...and putting the serving spoons directly in her mouth! Everyone was staring and I knew we were definitely going to be "THAT" family!

Or two weeks later when my daughter announced that she made a new friend. I asked who it was and she loudly said "The boy over there in the black body". Everyone stared at us!

Or the time when the girls were still learning English and liked to try out new words without knowing for sure what they meant. When I talked to the girls about decorating our family room, one of the girls suggested "bosoms on the ceiling." When I asked if bosom was a Russian or English word, she proudly told me that it was "English word mama" I asked if she knew what it meant and she told me that she didn't. I explained what bosom meant and neither of the girls believed me. When I typed it in the Russian/English translation software, the girls cracked up...and for the next year, whenever they referred to anyone's chest, they called it their bosom. (it's totally funny to hear 10 and 13 year old girls talk about people's bosoms)!

Those 3 were just in my first 6 months as a mom! I could share plenty more, but I'm afraid my kids wouldn't be too thrilled! :-)

Head on over to We Are That Family and congratulate Kristen! She's awesome and so is her blog!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Ha! Great stories.

I can relate ;D

Thanks for celebrating with me!

October 22, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home